Wednesday 25 March 2009

Oooops!

After I had finished updating my blog last Tuesday I made a cup of tea & for no sane reason put it down on the side table next to the laptop instead of the usual spot on my left. So, yes the worst happened & I sent it flying straight onto the laptop which went black & very dead.
I unplugged it & upturned it onto a towel & it was left to hopefully dry out…….

But I really didn‘t hold out any hope & as I have just had a small windfall I treated myself to a new one & considering it was one of the cheaper options in the store I am really pleased with it.
Mark had a fiddle with the old one & at first seemed hopeless but then left it another couple of days, tried again & it came on as if nothing had happened!

So 2 laptops - one each, Mark got a ‘pay as you go’ dongle from Vodafone for £40 with 1gb pre loaded ( £15 per gb payg ) & we are both happy.

The cats have settled back into their routine & seem fine.

Poppy rolling in the sand enjoying the sunshine

Last Autumn I bought an umbrella holder for wet days at the tiller ( cheaper than a pram hood!) & in the blurb was a pic of it also being used to hold a rotary drier & as it is now just about drying washing outside weather I decided to give it a try.

It is fitted with 2 grub screws to tighten onto the tiller arm & 1 grub screw on the upright to hold umbrella/airer in place. I decided to drill a hole in the holder to correspond with the tiller pin to prevent ‘slippage’ as a loaded airer would be quite heavy.


It works a treat & with the spring sunshine we have recently had I have enjoyed seeing the washing blowing in the breeze rather than hung up to dry in the boat.

Another sign of spring, we look forward to seeing the youngsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or to just say hi!