Friday 31 October 2008

How to make the best porridge

I have done it again, more than a week since my last post! I wish I could get in the habit of posting at least every couple of days - one of the blogs I follow, Big Martyn seems to manage it & he writes loads! I will try harder......
Last week was half term for Eric so he came to spend it with us, he is shaping up quite well as a cabin boy & has the kettle on & cats fed before I'm fully conscious so as a reward for his hard work we had a trip to The Deep in Hull.

This ray was huge



A big red starfish


Looking up the Humber from the top of The Deep


We seem to have mastered the art of keeping the fire in overnight (thank goodness as it's been soooo cold!) which means I am able to wake up to hot porridge cooked overnight on the stove in the porringer that Han bought us.
My maternal Grandparents were farmers & my Grandmother had an enamelled ( cream with green edging) porringer that she'd leave on the aga overnight, she just added a swirl of cream & the porridge was delicious. I forgo the cream as I have put enough weight on since moving aboard but it's still yummy.



I trekked to Meadowhall yesterday & have finally got something to wear for Rob & Nikki's wedding now just 2 weeks away. It's okay for Mark - he has been measured up & just has to collect his clobber from the hirer's. Watch this space for some pics.

I took advantage of the cold but dry weather this afternoon to dismantle a couple of pallets for firewood. Whilst I was outside I met this border terrier pup - isn't she gorgeous!

Sophie

Meanwhile Poppy was trying to scare me by pretending to be a squirrel!

whilst Soona did what she does best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or to just say hi!