Sunday, 2 January 2011

Wheaton Aston to Gnosall

Yes we have moved!  It has been clear of ice around us for a few days & after a boat came through from Norbury yesterday we decided to make a move this morning. 
It took us a couple of hours to get here & apart from a few patches here & there it was ice free.

An ice free canal!

Cowley Tunnel

 As we filled the water tank we got chatting to a chap on boat moored near the Navigation Inn, he's been stuck here for 5 weeks & is hoping to get up to Norbury tomorrow so we may well follow him. 
All being well we shall fill up with diesel, maybe stay for a couple of days then wind & start back south again although we won't be heading on to the Staffs & Worcs until we hear it's thawed.
 If the freezing conditions return we could do worse than be stuck in Wheaton Aston again but it made a nice change to be on the move today.

No comments:

Post a comment

Please feel free to comment or to just say hi!