Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas in Llangollen

I got home on Friday afternoon after my visit to family in Scarborough & Manchester, the journey was trouble free despite the trains being very busy. It's lovely to go visiting but it's nice to be back home.....
A couple of pics from Scarborough
Astrid & Fin with this impressive sculpture on North Marine Drive,
 it  was created by artist Ray Lonsdale & was originally on loan for a month but it was so popular that a campaign was started to raise the £48,000 purchase price until a local woman, Maureen Robinson, bought it & gifted it to the town. 
The sculpture shows retired miner Freddie Gilroy, who was one of the first soldiers to liberate the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp at the end of World War Two.

We've opened our presents, I've set up my new shiny kindle (!!) & have been for a stroll to work up an appetite for dinner, but I wasn't really paying attention when I put my boots on.....
& that's before the boozy coffee.... 
it's a good job that we didn't meet many people whilst we were out.

A Very Merry Christmas to you all.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or to just say hi!